OMUK has a new logo
Check out the OMUK website
Watch the short video clip and all will be made clear.
It has been on my mind for a while that I need to write a news/prayer letter and want you to know that I haven’t been procrastinating more trying to find the space. While I haven’t been in communication I have been faithfully working away trying to balance ministry, life, church and travel. One thing I have realized I am not good at is calendar management. I can manage time quite well but if I am asked to do something, speak or visit a team and I look at the calendar and see a space and say ‘yes’. What I have I need to do is plan in preparation time so I am not rushed or stressed and double book trying to get a quart into a pint pot. As a result the thing that is neglected is communication. Please forgive me as I do know I need to communicate to generate prayer fuel and to feedback what the Lord is using you in through me. I am grateful for your prayers and support. Another area I know I need to get back to is reading. I have neglected—not the Word but wider Christian reading and input in general.
OM Ministry since January:
- Two team building input mornings for the new OMUK Operations Group
- 3 nights hospitality for British OMer who has worked in Hungary for as long as I can remember
- 2 day Field focus days with OMUK team
- Training given over 3 days for new Transit Challenge team
- Became a team supervisor for a Lifehope Evangelism team based in Liverpool bi–weekly visits to deliver Bible study, pastoral oversight and church liaison
- Curriculum development group in Belgium for our Foundational leaders course
- Getting into Gear (GIG) conference for new UK OM applicants
- Coaching visit to OM Greece team
- Facilitating an on-line course for folks in the Arabian Peninsular
….and many phone and Skype calls and general involvement with the OMUK team
- Attended a Ravi Zacharias training day in Oxford
- Took an on-line course on how to write, deliver and facilitate on-line learning. This was a real eye-opener and was so interesting and inspiring. I want to learn more about this and write courses to be delivered to on-line participants.
As well as my OM ministry I am also involved at St. Johns C of E church in Weston Rhyn. I am part of the leadership group, the PCC and regularly speak. I am on the Deanery Synod and conduct Ministry Development Reviews of clergy for the Litchfield Dioceses.
I will post the next page tomorrow